A school that offers your child better opportunities than ever before, in an exciting new development purpose-built to encourage attainment and success. Writing as a parent and Headteacher myself, I can assure you that our premises and resources are now state of the art; they have been specially planned to inspire a culture of learning and to promote ambition in young people aged 11 to 16.
We have a safe and happy environment in which we encourage our learners to have self-belief, to understand they have the potential to succeed, to take charge of their own development and take pride in their achievements in the academic and vocational fields. More than ever before, we are in a position to offer young people the life-enhancing opportunities that will prepare them for their future, whatever their ambitions are. We can prepare your child for a career with top quality vocational and academic training backed by the kind of friendly, professional teaching and mentoring that ensures they are also socially competent for a fuller, happier life.
- Tia in Year 9 08 March 2017 - Tia in year 9 has just won the National Championship for her age group in Karate. She has also won 2 gold medals and is now the Regional Champion. As a result Tia has once again qualified for the world cup in Australia later this year. Well done Tia, this is an amazing achievement and […]
- Maya in Year 7 28 February 2017 - Maya in Year 7 has auditioned and successfully been chosen to represent England in the Dance World Cup in Germany later this year. She will be performing in the Children Classical Solo section. Well done Maya, we are really proud of this amazing achievement.
- Disrespect NoBody, February – March 2017 07 February 2017 - Disrespect Nobody The second phase of the Home Office Disrespect Nobody campaign will run from 2 February until the end of March 2017. The campaign is focussed on digital and mobile first and will also run on TV aimed at young people, such as The Brit Awards and the Big Bang Theory, on radio, Spotify, […]
- H2B (How to be) Safer! 20 June 2016 - The h2bsafer (how to be safer) hub is designed to provide you with information and advice that is easy to access and simple to understand. Use the short videos and step-by-step prompt cards to ensure you have a safer online experience. Click on the image for detailed instructions and videos about how to make sure […]
- A Picture Of Health 14 June 2016 - This week is Diabetes Awareness week. This year it’s all about debunking the myths around diabetes. It’s not too late for you to pop up a poster, free resources are available here https://www.diabetes.org.uk/Get_involved/Diabetes-Week/ To mark the occasion this month’s Picture of Health is all about Type 2 Diabetes Click on the image below for more […]
- Mental Health Awareness Week 18 May 2016 - This week is Mental Health Awareness week. To mark the occasion this month’s Picture of Health looks at mental health in Tameside, and offers links to some sites to help you understand more about how to help yourself and others to enjoy good mental health. Click on the image below for more information.