– Where does our food come from?
– How is it made?
– What foods are healthy?
– What can you find out from a food label?
– What are the ethical and environmental issues such as fair trade food miles and organic farming?
The above are just a ‘snapshot’ of topics covered in KS3 which is delivered in 9 week units of work.
Years 7, 8 and 9 Design and make Tasks and Focus tasks are completed in a variety of contexts eg Celebration Identity and Food to Go.
KS4 GCSE Food Technology is the option offered. Edexcel Exam Board.
Learning and undertaking activities in Food contribute to achievement of the curriculum aims for ALL students to become:-
* Successful learners who ENJOY learning,achieve and make progress
* Confident individuals
* Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society.
In Food Technology students combine practical and technological skills with creativity to design and make products that meet human needs, They learn how to use new technologies and consider impact of future developments.
They learn to think creatively and work as individuals and in teams. and also develop confidence in using practical skills apply their creative thinking and learn to innovate.
But most importantly enjoy taking their new food products which they have created home to EVALUATE.