Denton Students have been taking part in a community Garden Project to make the local area more appealing and improve well being.
The Community Garden project was set up to create a network of partners across Droylsden, Audenshaw and Denton. Partners consist of GP practices, community groups, St Martins Church, Integrated Neighbourhood Manager Jeanette Leach, local volunteers and Action Together Community Wellbeing officer. The project will run between October 2019 and March 2020.
Greenscape run monthly sessions to upskill volunteers and to put together a bespoke project brief for each location. Each partner takes ownership of insuring volunteers and engaging in sessions. The GP practice manager will work with the health champions and GP’s will refer patients into the project. Action Together social prescriber will also refer clients into the project as this has been identified as a gap and people have been identified already as to who would be perfect for the project.
- To improve the greenspace areas across the community.
- To improve wellbeing.
- Reduce social isolation and loneliness.
- Create mutually beneficial networks of support and resilience.
- To improve partnerships & collaboration across localities.
- Support people with low mood, low self-esteem/loss of confidence.
- Support place-based working that improves lives in local communities.