14th September 2017
The Year 7 students have chosen to raise funds for the Hand On Heart Charity. Hand on Heart are a dedicated charity to help create awareness of sudden cardiac arrest in the young and to help fund defibrillators for schools. Hand on Heart have kindly funded an additional defibrillator for the college. We have been given the opportunity to get involved in a very special fundraising event to help raise funds to allow the charity to continue to support families and individuals and we hope that the students can get behind this event to help and support it.
As a charity that is committed to keeping children safe and prevent the deaths of 12 young people who die of sudden cardiac rest each week in the UK, we have been given the wonderful opportunity to hold a sponsored ‘Jump’ at Jump Depot in aid of Hand on Heart.
- The Event – Sponsored Jump!
- Details – We are looking for just 35 students to undertake a sponsored jump.
- There is no fee to ‘jump’ all we ask is that every student agrees to raise a minimum amount of just £21.50* to take part which will include entry and jumping socks! (* this amount must be received prior to the event date).
- The event will take place on Sunday 1st October at 5pm till 6pm.
- Venue: Jump Depot Limited UK, Mossley Road, Ashton under Lyne OL6 6NQ
Students will need to make contact with Hand on Heart and they will then confirm all details with you accordingly. Please contact Lesley Groome (Fundraising Coordinator) on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact number: 0845 071 0822.
Mrs Hayley Duffy
Director of Community Learning